The Achilles tendon is the strongest tendon in the body, so ruptures of it are rather dramatic when they occur. There may be a loud snap that you can hear at the back of the leg. There are videos of the ruptures occurring are on YouTube and it usually occurs in those older athletes and in those explosive sports such as football, tennis or basketball. There is an immediate loss of strength and you can not raise up on to your toes getting weight off the heel on the ruptured side. Some medicines can ’cause’ an Achilles tendon rupture.
Mostly these Achilles tendon ruptures are typically taken care of by either with a walking brace or with a surgical approach. All of the research investigating both approaches over the long term show that outcomes are going to be about the same between them, so the treatment is going to come down to your choices and the preferences of the consulting physician based on the nature of your injury. The published science shows that the sooner you can get back on to your feet the better with early weightbearing and progressive exercises regardless of the method used to treat it the better will be the outcome in the medium to long term.
- Features a durable, semi-rigid shell that helps support the limb while providing full-shell protection
- SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates shock, while the lightweight and lab-tested rocker sole combine to encourage a natural gait
- Keep your Aircast FP (Foam Pneumatic) Walker Brace / Walking Boot like new with this replacement foam liner and insole
- Lightweight lining can be hand washed with a mild detergent; simply allow to air dry
- Quantity and Size: you will receive 2 pairs of fracture boot socks in white color, each pair of socks is about 21.65 inches/ 55 cm in length, the one size fits most people, and the quantity is enough to meet your use and replacement needs
- Cotton Material: the orthopedic boot sock liner is made of cotton material, which is elastic and flexible, comfortable to wear, friendly to skin, washable and reusable, can be worn with confidence
- Intended to help reduce skin irritation while wearing an foot brace or walking boot
- Compatible with the following Aircast Walker Braces / Walking Boots: XP, FP and SP models
- Peter B. Brace (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
I get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
O’Brien Needle Test for an Achilles Tendon Rupture
Achilles tendon rupture (over 1000 abstracts of recent research on Achilles tendon ruptures)